Webinar: Genetic circuits and future applications
- Webinar: Genetic circuits and future applicationsGenetic circuits are assembly of biological parts encoding RNA or protein that enables individual cells to respond and to interact with each other to perform logical functions. CRISPR/CAS systems are now widely used to construct genetic circuits over the conventional protocols. This webinar will cover the basics in design and construction of genetic circuits as well as its potential future application in gene regulation, gene therapy, drug development and bioremediation. Special focus will be given on cell programming for biosensor development. [cont]...
FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY
THE FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY IS COMPRISED OF FIVE MAJOR DEPARTMENTS.
These departments offer Bachelor of Technology Honours Degrees in the fields which are highly demanded in Sri Lanka. These degree programs are fulltime four years professional degree programs which are offered at Sri Lanka Qualification Framework (SLQF) Level 6.
Benchmarked offspring of the Sri Jayewardenepura Family; the Faculty of Technology was established in January, 2016 upon the approval of the University Grants Commission and the publication of Gazette Extraordinary (No. 1948/59 Order under Section 27(1), The Universities Act, No. 16 of 1978) by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways of Sri Lanka. Faculty of Technology, as the leading technology faculty in Sri Lanka, is serving the nation by providing higher education opportunities for the prospective undergraduates who enroll to the Sri Lankan university system through the GCE Advanced Level Technology stream.
The strategy behind is to harness the talents of the youth to capture the advantage of relevant emerging technologies to drive the economy by providing an education that encompasses competencies to satisfy the needs of the society. Fully fledged faculty is now located in Pitipana, Colombo (Techno Park of the Western Province Mega Polis Development Plan). Faculty of Technology consists of five academic departments offering highly practical oriented, Bachelor of Technology Honours Degree Programmes of (i) Biosystems Technology, (ii) Engineering Technology, and (iii) Information and Communication Technology introduced for the first time in Sri Lanka to cater 320 prospective undergraduates.
- Webinar: Genetic circuits and future applications December 1, 2020
- Orientation Program for the New Intake of the Faulty of Technology 2020 September 18, 2020
- Prof. Renuka Nilmini Appointed as the Dean of the Faculty of Technology September 13, 2020
- Sr. Prof. Sudantha Liyanage assumes duties as the 26th Vice-Chancellor of USJ September 9, 2020
- Student Orientation Programme 2018/19 – Faculty of Technology September 2, 2020