Orientation Program for the New Intake of the Faulty of Technology 2020
- Orientation Program for the New Intake of the Faulty of Technology 2020September 18, 2020The inauguration ceremony for the fourth intake of the Faculty of Technology, University of Sri Jayewardenepura was held on 7th September 2020 at new faculty premises of the University. Orientation program will be held from 7th September to 10th September. Prof. Sudantha Liyanage, Vice Chancellor of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura graced the event as the chief guest. Prof. Renuka Nilmini, Dean of the Faculty of Technology, Heads of the Departments, Professors, and academic members also participated in the event. [cont]...
FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY
THE FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY IS COMPRISED OF FIVE MAJOR DEPARTMENTS.
These departments offer Bachelor of Technology Honours Degrees in the fields which are highly demanded in Sri Lanka. These degree programs are fulltime four years professional degree programs which are offered at Sri Lanka Qualification Framework (SLQF) Level 6.
Benchmarked offspring of the Sri Jayewardenepura Family; the Faculty of Technology was established in January, 2016 upon the approval of the University Grants Commission and the publication of Gazette Extraordinary (No. 1948/59 Order under Section 27(1), The Universities Act, No. 16 of 1978) by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways of Sri Lanka. Faculty of Technology, as the leading technology faculty in Sri Lanka, is serving the nation by providing higher education opportunities for the prospective undergraduates who enroll to the Sri Lankan university system through the GCE Advanced Level Technology stream.
The strategy behind is to harness the talents of the youth to capture the advantage of relevant emerging technologies to drive the economy by providing an education that encompasses competencies to satisfy the needs of the society. Fully fledged faculty is now located in Pitipana, Colombo (Techno Park of the Western Province Mega Polis Development Plan). Faculty of Technology consists of five academic departments offering highly practical oriented, Bachelor of Technology Honours Degree Programmes of (i) Biosystems Technology, (ii) Engineering Technology, and (iii) Information and Communication Technology introduced for the first time in Sri Lanka to cater 320 prospective undergraduates.
- Orientation Program for the New Intake of the Faulty of Technology 2020 September 18, 2020
- Prof. Renuka Nilmini Appointed as the Dean of the Faculty of Technology September 13, 2020
- Sr. Prof. Sudantha Liyanage assumes duties as the 26th Vice-Chancellor of USJ September 9, 2020
- Student Orientation Programme 2018/19 – Faculty of Technology September 2, 2020
- Mahapola Certificates Awarding -2020 Academic Year -2018/2019 August 26, 2020