As a result of the Covid-19 corona-virus outbreak, University is closed for academic activities. However, students are advised to continue to study at home.
To facilitate online learning Faculty offers following resources.
LMS -Leaning Management System
Login to University LMS (Moodle Learning Management System) and download your lecture notes and assignments offered to you by your lecturer.
Staff members and students who have not obtained your User Name and Password, they can obtain login details from the LMS Administrator of the Faculty & Divisions.
As per circular issued by UGC, the government is providing free data for you when you access these educational resources or websites (at *.sjp.ac.lk domain) from 23 March 2020 until this situation ends.
Other online platforms – Google Classroom, Zoom online classes
Some lecturers may conduct online classes using google classroom and zoom video conferencing platform.
Please contact your Department on specific instructions on how they conduct classes online during this period.
University is closed for students as a preventive measure to control spreading of the Corona Virus. During this period, Jayewardnepura academics can now teach your students online using this tool. Zoom is a powerful tool that makes teaching an online class easy. It costs more than $14.99 per month, however it is provided free for state Universities by Lanka Education & Research Network (LEARN).
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing platform that can be used for video conferencing meetings, audio conferencing, webinars, meeting recordings, and live chat.
From 30th March 2020 access to zoom hosted at learn network is free for Lecturers and participating students.
To set up a Zoom
- Teacher needs a computer to sync and run Zoom Meetings (deliver your class) – Your computer should have a microphone, camera and speaker
- Each student should download zoom app in their tablet/ mobile phone or computer to launch the Zoom Meetings
How do you use Zoom?
- University academic staff can login to the zoom facility (https://learn.zoom.us) by obtaining a Username and a Password through the link https://cits.sjp.ac.lk/applyzoom.html. If you have any queries please contact Centre for IT Services or visit https://cits.sjp.ac.lk/zoom.html for more details.
Press https://learn.zoom.us and then select configure your account.
Then select University of Sri Jayewardenepura from the dropdown menu
2. Login with your username and password.
3. From the opening screen you can Host a meeting (or schedule a meeting at a later time)
Please note you and students will have to bear the cost of the data.